Monday, July 16, 2012

Love Songs

You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. ~ Song of Solomon 4:9

Read Song of Solomon Chapter 4

 
It was morning time. The sunbeams were softly touching my face while I was sitting outside. The birds were serenading me with beautiful love songs. I was slowly and intentionally breathing in the cool, spring air. There were drops of dew on the flowers and plants reminding me of the refreshment that comes in communing with Christ. The voice of the Lord beckoned me to draw close to Him. His voice enveloped my heart.

Arise, my love and come into My arms. You have stolen My heart, My bride. Let My love wash over you and let Me be the only desire of your soul. Let Me sweep you away into My embrace and carry you into heavenly places.


After a morning of stillness, I was refreshed once again by the love of Christ and ready for a new day of living in Him.


A Prayer


Beloved Jesus,


Thank You for refreshing our souls with Your love. Thank You for the beauty You have given us through song birds that sing and flowers that bloom. Help us to draw near to You every day. Let us carry this message of Your beautiful love to a broken world that so desperately needs You. We love You and are waiting for Your return. In Your Mighty Name. Amen.


A Thought to Ponder

 
There is no other love as perfect as the love of Christ.  

Live Abundantly!
Amy

This piece was written in March 2012 after a time of prayer on my patio.

No comments: