Monday, July 9, 2012

The Fountain of Life


For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. ~ Psalm 36:9

But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.
  ~ John 4:14 (NAS)

Read John 7: 37-39

The weather was producing record-breaking temperatures in Georgia a few weeks ago. For several days it reached over 100 degrees. I was tending to my flowers and noticed the leaves on my hydrangeas had gotten burned by the hot sun. I had neglected to give them the proper amount of water, so they were beginning to dry up and wilt. As I was giving my dried up flowers a drink of water, the love of Jesus washed over me and He lavished me with His sweet words.

I am the water of life. As you come To Me for your soul's needs I will pour My living waters into your spirit and give you the refreshment you need. Look away from the world's way of finding rejuvenation. You will never thirst again if you come to Me when your soul is thirsty. I am the everlasting fountain of life.


Just like the dried up leaves of my flowers, our spirits can begin to wither up if we don't care for them. In the busyness of life, it's easy to neglect our soul's needs. But Jesus is faithful to remind us that we desperately need Him. It's only in Him that we are refreshed. As we rest in His love, He restores us and washes away our cares.


A Prayer


Beloved Jesus,


Thank You for Your constant love. You are perfect and holy. Thank You for being our everlasting source of hope. Give us an insatiable desire to steal away with You for rejuvenation. Fill us up, Lord, to overflowing with Your Spirit, Your love, and Your perfect peace. Replace our burdens with Your strength and joy. We love You and praise You for all that You are. In Your Mighty Name. Amen. 


A Thought to Ponder

Nothing satisfies our thirst like Jesus does.

Live Abundantly!
Amy


No comments: