Monday, March 19, 2012

Lovesick


Song of Solomon 5:8

"I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved, As to what you will tell him: For I am lovesick." NAS

Isaiah 54:5

“For your Maker is your husband--the LORD Almighty is his name--the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.” NIV

Standing next to the bed my grandmother, Mimi, was resting on, I realized she was dying. After a long visit with her that day, I leaned over to hug her and say goodbye the best way I knew how. "You're going to see Papa soon," I exclaimed. To my surprise, Mimi's response was different than I expected. She looked intently at me. "I'm going to see JESUS," she said in a matter of fact way.

That was the last time I saw Mimi in her earthly body. I walked away with a sense of awe about the words she had said during our last time together. I had known how Mimi loved Jesus, but that day I realized the true dept of her love relationship with Him. Seeing Jesus face to face was far more important to her than being reunited with the man she was married to for 61 years. Mimi had a rich relationship with my granddad. She had grieved intensely when he passed on 10 years before her. But in the decade that she had been apart from her earthly husband, she had allowed Christ to sweep her heart away and become the husband her soul needed. I was amazed.

It will be 5 years this summer since that sacred day with Mimi. Her death changed my life. Today, I understand that deep love she had for Jesus because I have found it myself. I have fallen so head over heels in love with Jesus that I'm lovesick. Nothing else can satisfy my soul. Nothing or nobody can meet my needs like Jesus. I pray that the whole world will catch this love bug.

Jesus will come back for His lovesick bride. He won't return until we are ready. Have you fallen in love with Jesus? Or are you stuck in a routine of religious duties?

Jesus is beckoning His people to walk in an intimate love relationship with Him. May we fall at His feet daily and let Him love on us in the way that only HE can.

A Prayer:

Beloved Jesus,

I thank You for the great love You lavish on us—your Beloved Church. I pray that we would be so lovesick for you that we would fall at Your feet constantly to hear Your beautiful voice and to soak in Your amazing love. Lord, let us carry this love message to a broken world. And let the whole world catch this love sickness for YOU. Jesus, oh how we love You. Amen.

Whispers from God:

My heart yearns for you to sit at My feet. One glance from you makes My heart leap. I want your love more than anything else. All that your soul needs is found in Me and My love. Come enter into a beautiful love story with Me. Let My love carry you through life’s challenges. Come rest forever in My perfect love.

Live Abundantly!

Amy

No comments: