Thursday, March 31, 2011

Remembering

My heart is filled with gratitude for my husband's new job. Well, actually, it's been seven months since my husband received the job offer. But the newness hasn't worn off.

Above all, my heart is grateful for all the years that we had very little--materially. Without those years of adversity, I wouldn't be who I am today. I wouldn't be a strong woman of God who proclaims boldly to anyone willing to listen that Jesus is the Way, the Life, and the Truth. I am grateful for everything that God allowed in my life. Because it was in the midst of those difficulties that I found an intimacy with Christ that I didn't know existed. Everything that could be shaken away was shaken away so that I could stand strong in Christ. I am grateful.


A Prayer:

My Beloved Jesus,

I am remembering today when we had very little food. Yet You always provided. I am remembering today when my marriage was a mess. Yet You held me close and encouraged me to believe You would restore us. I am remembering today when my heart was filled with sorrow and pain. Yet You carried me and comforted me. I am remembering today when my heart was filled with doubt. Yet You waited patiently for me to trust and believe You. I am remembering today when there were so many uncertainties. Yet You always came through for me in my times of trouble. May I never forget those hard days, Jesus. May I never forget all the ways You revealed Your love and Your power in my life. May I never forget that You are all I need. May I never forget that You were everything to me when I had nothing else to hold onto. May I never lose my deep love for You. And may I never stop sharing with the world how awesome You are. How will I ever repay You for Your goodness? I love You, my Jesus, my Savior, my Redeemer. Amen.

No comments: