Friday, June 25, 2010

Fully Surrendered


Verse of the day:

Matthew 19:21

NIV: “Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come follow me.’’’

The Message: “ If you want to give it all you’ve got,” Jesus replied, “go sell your possessions, give everything to the poor. All your wealth will then be in heaven. Then come follow Me.”

A Prayer:

My Dear Precious Jesus,

I am in such awe of Your love and who You are. You have taken me on an amazing adventure that fills my life with wonder. It’s taken me half a lifetime to learn to fully trust You. But I do trust You completely to lead me and guide me on the path that you desire me to go. As I stand here at a crossroad in my life, I realize I can take the safer road of comfort and security, or I can follow You where many dangers lie and where worldly comforts are far away. I am ready to go where you are leading me. I will radically follow You all the days of my life. I am willing and ready to sell my possessions, if this is Your desire for me. My heart is fully surrendered to Your plan for my life. Thank You, Jesus, for the warmth and love you continually reveal to me. Thank You for keeping me in Your constant care. May I stay firmly grounded in Your hands and may my destiny for this life be fulfilled. Guard me from discouragement and help me to keep my eyes on You and not on the world. Let Your next step for my life be crystal clear to my beloved husband and to me. We are clay in Your hands. Do with our lives whatever You desire. I love you, my Beloved Shepherd. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Oh how my heart rejoices over you. It brings me such pleasure to watch you grow and flourish in My love and guidance. I will never leave you nor forsake you. You can trust Me to be your constant source. Don’t look back and don’t look ahead. Trust My plan for your life. You have stood the tests and now you are ready to follow Me.

A Thought to Ponder:

There is nothing more beautiful than a heart that is fully surrendered to Christ. ~ Amy

No comments: