Thursday, February 11, 2010

Overflowing with Thanksgiving!


Verse of the Day: Colossians 2:6

NIV: “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”

The Message: “My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live Him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon Him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School's out, quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving!”

A Prayer:

Father,

You have given me a million reasons to be grateful. My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving! My heart is so full of gratitude that I want to shout praises from a mountain top. Continue to keep me strong and rooted in Your love. Help me to live out my faith every moment of every day. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Stay rooted in Me and your heart will stay grateful.

A Thought to Ponder:

Gratitude is the key to overcoming gloom. ~ Amy

No comments: