Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Becoming a Strong Vessel

As children of God we are the vessels of the Holy Spirit. Our Creator desires to empower us to do great things on this earth. The empowerment He gives us begins with getting whole and healthy so that ultimately we can be mighty vessels of His Spirit.

In 1997 I wrote a prayer that changed my life. I prayed, “Lord, I want to be whole and healthy spiritually, emotionally, and physically so that I can be a vessel of Yours.” At the time I wrote this prayer I was battling postpartum depression and felt worn down in every way. I was far from being strong and I desperately wanted to be empowered with God’s strength.

In my weakness, God picked me up, and began strengthening me and making me whole. I am not the same person I was when I wrote that prayer. Today, I am a strong woman of God.

I am writing this with complete humility. Because without the makeover God has given me I would be nothing but a huge mess. If God can make a strong vessel out of a mess like me, He can make one out of anybody.

One of the main purposes of The Live Love Laugh Club is to encourage women to keep moving forward. Part of moving forward is becoming healthier spiritually, physically, and emotionally.

At our last meeting our focus was on physical health. Being healthy physically is a component of being a strong vessel of God. God wants all of us to be strong...He wants us to be healthy and live abundantly!
 

Certified Life Coach, Becky Harmon, came to our meeting to talk to us about ‘Four Strategies for Physical Success.’ It was a great blessing to listen to Becky as she shared her wisdom with us. Becky has a strong anointing to bring women into wholeness and health. God is using her mightily through her coaching business, “Success Not Sabotage Coaching.” Visit her website and sign up for a free coaching session: www.successnotsabosage.com

No comments: