Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Magnificent Love

So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. ~ Ephesians 3: 17-18 (NIV)

The sun was slowly slipping behind the horizon. I was driving alone, heading north. I was talking softly to the Lord. I came to the top of a hill when I saw the most breathtaking view of the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. It was majestic. 

I had driven this route more times than I could count. I’ve always loved the mountains. But this was different. The way the sky appeared and the way the mountains surrounded me captured every fiber of my being. 

Christ's presence came to me so powerfully that it felt tangible, heavenly in an inexpressible way. As my worship music softly played, the voice of the Lord whispered words to my heart.

My love for you is higher and wider and more magnificent than these beautiful mountains.

My heart melted in His presence. Heaven touched me and drew me close to the heart of God. I basked in His great love for the rest of my trip.
 
I am grateful to have encounters like this with Jesus in my normal, everyday life. Some days, distractions rob me of the quietness my soul needs. It's very easy to be in a big hurry and miss these spectacular God moments.

We don't have to be driving through beautiful scenery to feel God's presence. We can commune with the Maker of the heavens and earth at any moment of the day.

Jesus is waiting for each one of us to stop what we're doing and rest in His perfect love.
Remember to slow down. Be quiet. Listen closely and let His presence wash over you.

A Prayer

Beloved Jesus,

Our hearts long to have more of You. Help us to see and feel how great Your love is. Help us to rest in Your presence continually. We love You. Amen.

A Thought to Ponder

The love of Jesus beckons us to open our hearts to Him. 

Live Abundantly!
Amy

No comments: