Monday, November 5, 2012

A Prayer for Our Nation

I walked into the voting area and the tension was so thick that it felt tangible. It was last week that I voted to avoid the crowds. The faces I saw were covered with distress and anxiety. Patience is running out for many people as they face the reality of what is happening in America.

Jesus is our only hope. I have complete faith in Christ to restore our nation to a strong, vibrant country. He restored my life beyond my highest expectations. I expect Him to do the same for the United States.

But before the Lord restored my life, He tested my faith. I believe we are headed for a season of testing. But in the end, we will come forth as pure gold.

A Prayer

Father,

We come to You and humbly ask that You keep Your hand on this nation. We are sorry for leaving You out of our decision making so many times. We realize that our country is in danger and we need You desperately to intervene. May we turn away from all that draws us away from Your love and return to You wholeheartedly. Let us rend our hearts and know that You are merciful, compassionate and abounding in love. It is Your desire to see this nation thrive and be restored. Let us rise up and be the nation that You always dreamed we would be. Raise us up into a mighty nation to be a light to a dark world. We ask You to let the man that is best suited to be our President be in office during the upcoming years. We trust You, Lord, to do great and mighty things in this nation. Let us live for You purposefully and passionately. We ask You to protect us from calamity. We love You and place our hope in You. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
  
Rend your hearts and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. ~ Joel 2:13

 But He knows the way that I take when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
 ~ Job 23:10 

Live Abundantly!
Amy 

No comments: