Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Letter to Jesus

1 Peter 2:9 (God's Word Translation)

However, you are chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, people who belong to God. You were chosen to tell about the excellent qualities of God, who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

My Beloved Jesus,


I'm up late thinking of You tonight. I'm thinking of how amazing You are. I'm thinking of how You brought me back to life with Your love. I'm thinking about how every morning I can't wait to start a new day with You. As You know the very first thought of my day is the thought of Your amazing love for me. You have become my life. That's why I cannot stop talking about You.

All I want to do is tell people about Your love and goodness. Will You help people to be receptive to my words? I feel like people think sometimes that what I have with You is not real. If they only knew what I have found in You, they would be forever changed. If they only knew, they would run to Your arms as fast as they could. They would fall at Your feet everyday. For in You, there is life. In You, there is contentment. In You, there is joy unspeakable. In You, there is an everlasting fountain of peace and love. In You, there is an eternal light that never goes out.

I have a great desire for every person on this earth to find what I have found in You. I see hurting faces everywhere I go. I want those hurting people to know You. Will You help me to be a powerful voice for You? Will You help me to have words to speak to the lost people of this world? Will You give me the anointing power to speak Your words to people everywhere I go?

I will spend the rest of my life sharing about Your love and how You rescued me out of darkness and brought me into Your marvelous light.

One last thing--Jesus, will You go before me and prepare the hearts of the people I may speak to. I want them to be ready to hear the message of Your love.

I love You with all my heart!
Amy

No comments: