Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forgetting What is Behind

Verse of the Day: Philippians 3:13

NIV: “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.”

The Message: “I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me.”

Father,

Thank You for reaching out to me so wondrously, for drawing me into the wonders of Your love. Your love has made my heart new. I am fully ready for what lies ahead for my life. I have put the past behind me and am pressing toward You and Your dreams for my life. Help me to never look back. Help me to truly forget the past and live in the fullness of who you created me to be. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Take hold of My love and live for today.

A Thought to Ponder:

Living in the present requires forgetting what is behind. ~ Amy

1 comment:

Julie said...

Amen, Amy, Amen.....

One of my very favorite verses and as you know where I am choosing to live.

Love ya!