Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Strength and My Shield

Verse of the Day: Psalm 28:7

NIV: "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."

The Message: "Blessed be God—He heard me praying. He proved He’s on my side; I’ve thrown my lot in with Him. Now I’m jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to Him."

A Prayer:

Father,

I am utterly amazed by You. From the moment I open my eyes each day, I think of You and Your great love. You have become my strength and shield. You’re everything to me. You have proven your love to me in so many magnificent ways. I trust You completely. Oh how Your love excites me! I want to shout to the world of Your great love. I want to sing You praises forever. Keep me in this place of peace forever more. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

My heart leaps for joy for you, my beloved. Keep seeking Me and you will stay at peace forever more. Rest in Me and expect goodness all the days of your life.

A Thought to Ponder:

God’s embrace is the safest place to be. ~Amy

No comments: