Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Peace

My heart melts in the presence of Christ. His Spirit comes into the room and I just want to dance and worship and fall at His feet. His presence is so real that my physical body feels as though I can touch Jesus.

I have never seen Him with my eyes, but when He is in the room, there is a peace that comes in like a gentle winter snow falling to the ground.

There’s a song that describes the delicate beauty of the presence of Christ. “Winter Snow” by Audrey Assad and Chris Tomlin touches me deeply when I listen to it. It causes me to stop what I’m doing and draw near to Christ.

The lyrics are words that speak of the softness of Christ’s love…“Could’ve come like a mighty storm with all the strength of a hurricane. You could’ve come like a forest fire with the power of Heaven in Your flame. But You came like a winter snow…quiet and soft and slow. Falling from the sky in the night to the earth below…”

My prayer this Christmas is that many will stop to feel the softness of Christ’s spirit and rest in His perfect love in the midst of a chaotic world. I pray that the Spirit of Christmas will bring the peace that souls are longing for. Ultimately, I pray that Christ’s Spirit will cover this earth like a beautiful blanket of snow and that all will see His perfect and unfailing love.

He tends to his flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart...Isaiah 40:11

Live Abundantly!
Amy

No comments: