Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fully Alive: Book Review

http://www.higherlevelgroup.com/images/fully-alive-book-300.jpg

   
I read a great book this week, Fully Alive: A Journey that Will Change Your Life by Ken Davis. When I first heard the name of the book it caught my attention because one of my greatest passions is to see more people live fully alive in Christ. I expected it to be good, but it was far beyond my expectations. 

Ken has a gift for telling stories and does so in a humorous way that makes you laugh often. The book carries you through his journey of coming alive both physically and spiritually.  The message of living fully alive is based upon Paul's words: "I  want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection." (Philippians 3:10)
   

One of my favorite quotes was among the words Ken wrote about Paul's statement in Philippians 3.

"There it was. In that sentence lay the secret to knowing the power of Christ's resurrection. It is tied directly to knowing Him. Hello! Once again, relationship trumps religious formula. But wait! As a child I had learned of Paul's dramatic conversion. Didn't he already know Christ? Of course the answer is yes. Paul was a believer, but he wanted an even deeper relationship. He wasn't satisfied to know about Christ; he wanted to know the full extent of His love and grace. The power to live fully alive comes from knowing Christ better."


There is a very powerful message in Ken's book that has the potential to radically change lives. Your heart will be touched by the stories that he shares about his life and the lives of his friends and family. The stories conjure up both laughter and tears at the same time.

If you want to live more alive and be challenged to be all you were created to be, this book will inspire you greatly and help awaken the dead places in your heart.

In a nutshell, I absolutely love this book and am sure everyone will gain an eternal treasure from reading it.


The Fully Alive book is available now where books are sold.  http://fullyalivebook.com

Live Abundantly!
Amy


Disclaimer:  I am honored to be a part of a support team to help get the word out about the Fully Alive book. I received  a complimentary digital review copy of the book, exclusive access to the "Signs of Life" video, access to be on a free private teleseminar with the author of the book, Ken Davis, and the opportunity to interact with the other support team members. I am not receiving any payment for my participation. I am not getting paid for my written reviews. I am delighted to help Ken Davis get the message out about living fully alive.

No comments: