Monday, March 1, 2010

The Recipe for Happiness


Verse of the Day: Philippians 4:12

NIV: “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.”

The Message: “Actually, I don’t have a sense of needing anything personally. I’ve learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I’m just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I’ve found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty.”

Father,

My heart is filled with gratitude for the things I have gained during seasons of need. I have found genuine happiness and peace in You and Your love. Your loving-kindness has taught me to be content in every situation. I pray that I will stay in this place of peace forever. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

I have everything your heart yearns for.

A Thought to Ponder:

Happiness is found in communing with God. ~ Amy


No comments: