Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Peace of God


Verse of the Day: Philippians 4:6-7

NIV: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

The Message: “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”

Father,

You truly are the author of peace. You bring wholeness and serenity where there is heaviness. I am so grateful to You for taking my worries and turning them into prayers. You amaze me with Your ability to take the most trying circumstance and turn it into something good. Thank You for the peace You so lovingly pour out on my spirit. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Come all of you who need serenity—you will find it in my arms.

A Thought to Ponder:

The peace of God can carry us through anything. ~ Amy

No comments: