Monday, February 22, 2010

Gracious and Righteous


Verse of the Day: Psalm 116:5-6

NIV: “The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need he saved me.”

The Message: “God is gracious—it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. God takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me.”

A Prayer:

Father,

My heart is overcome with emotion as I think of You and your great love. Tears of joy are welling up in me. I’m rejoicing over the way You have rescued me and made things right in my life. Your compassion is sweeter than anything I have ever tasted. Your love invites me to come to you for all I need. I will be forever grateful for the ways You have helped me and saved me when I was at the end of my rope. Help me, Lord, to spread the good news of Your grace to a hurting world. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Come to me when you need compassion. I will give you all your heart will ever need.

A Thought to Ponder:

Life is sweet when we turn to God for our needs. ~ Amy

No comments: