Friday, January 29, 2010

A Double Portion


Verse of the Day: Isaiah 61:7

NIV: “Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.”

The Message: “Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy will go on forever.”

Father,

Thank You for carrying me through the difficult seasons of my life. Thank You for the double portion of joy you have given me. My heart rejoices over the good that has come out of my heartache. I would walk through it all again to be at the place You have brought me to. May I continue on this path with You, walking straight into the inheritance You have for me. May I never look back. Help me to move at full capacity into the good things ahead. May my life be a powerful testimony of Your goodness. May the double portion You have given me draw many hearts to You and to Your love. I love you, my Daddy. Amen.

Whispers from God:

Keep moving with Me and you will step into your inheritance.

A Thought to Ponder:

A double portion of trouble lasts for a season, but a double portion of joy lasts for a lifetime. ~ Amy